September Tour Newseltter

1. Visit of Mater Maria:

We are to receive Mater Maria from Sydney on Friday 26th September.

The fixture arrangements are;

3.30pm: Gowerton School netball v Mater Maria 2nd team

3.45pm: Gowerton School under 17 rugby v Mater Maria rugby

4.15pm: Gowerton invitation netball v Mater Maria 1st team

Details of the games are as follows:

Our school team plays netball at 3.30pm and an invitation team plays their 1st team afterwards. Mater Maria are very strong at netball. If the weather is bad, the games may have to be transferred to the sports hall.

Their rugby team is a development team, so we will play them with an under 16/17 team. I would like our under 15 players who are entertaining students afterwards to bring their kit to the game and if they and I are confident that it is safe for them to play I will give them the opportunity to play some time.

I have put the arrangements for entertaining the Mater Maria students below. I still need people to offer to entertain the 7 remaining girls. Please get in touch via return email if you can help.

Effectively, parents entertain the students for 5 hours and during that time you can take them out for a meal/feed them at home and then entertain them as you like-cinema/bowling/sightseeing. It is probably better if groups of students/parents combine arrangements.

I would be grateful if those who’ve agreed to entertain would send me a contact number that I can pass on to the Mater Maria staff to use in emergency on the evening.

The Mater Maria students will need to be returned to the Premier Inn, Swansea Waterfront, SA1 by 10.30pm.

Mater Maria will reciprocate our hospitality when we are in Sydney.

2. Parents’ meeting:

Confirmation that the parents/students’ meeting takes place in the Main Hall at 7.00pm on Thursday 2nd October.

I met with representatives from Edwin Doran and Venatour last week and will send their up to date itineraries out next week when I receive them.

Representatives from both companies as well as Ontourz will be present at the meeting. Each will give a 10 minute presentation and answer questions. After they leave we will consider each option before deciding which to accept.

I will be paying a deposit to the nominated company by November to allow them to start making firm arrangements on our behalf.

I will also confirm progress and details for the Race night which takes place on Saturday 25th October in the Con Club in Gowerton.

3. Swansea City competition:

I’ve attached a copy of the up to date league table after yesterday’s game against Southampton.

The top 3 includes two P.’Speedy’ Jones entries who is supporting Rhys Edwards and Jack Soproniuk.

Next update after the Sunderland fixture next weekend.

© Gowerton School: Powered by just 2 easy & Hwb