Farewell Mr N. Jones!

Gowerton School would like to thank Mr Nigel Jones for his dedication and excellent leadership over the last 6 years as Headteacher.

Throughout his time at Gowerton he has encouraged the whole community to ‘be the best we can be’. He has inspired us to do our best in academic and extra curricular activities. During the most difficult circumstances of a pandemic he kept us calm and positive.

Mr Nigel Jones has always been supportive of pupils, staff, governors and the local community. From doing the road crossing early morning and afternoon to litter picking in the village, he has been there for the whole community.

We wish Mr Jones all the very best for a long and enjoyable retirement.

Here are some of our favourite photo memories:

Refereeing the football
Road crossing duty every morning and afternoon
Prom night

Mr Jones’ last comments ‘from the Headteacher’s desk’

It is with mixed emotions that I write this final message before my retirement. After many years of teaching and six years as Headteacher at Gowerton I bid a fond farewell on August 31st. My last duties as Headteacher will be seeing the pupils collecting their A level, AS level and GCSE results in August.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as Headteacher and my years of teaching. The pupils in all three schools I’ve had the pleasure of working in have been wonderful. I wish you, our school community, all the very best for the future. I look forward to reading these articles and sharing the continued success of the community from the comfort of my own home, or perhaps a sunny terrace abroad!

Thank you for your support throughout my years in education. Diolch

Post comment

© Gowerton School: Powered by just 2 easy & Hwb