December tour newsletter

1. Deposit and itinerary:

I have forwarded the non-returnable deposit to the travel company. The schedule for further payments is;

A second deposit of £300 to be paid by 1 February 2015
A third deposit of £300 to be paid by 1 May 2015
A fourth deposit of £300 to be paid by 1 September 2015
A fifth deposit of £300 to be paid by 1 February 2016

These deposits will again only be returnable if the student’s invitation to tour is withdrawn.
These deposits can include money raised from individual fundraising activities.

I’ve attached a copy of our current itinerary. It is likely to change as we progress towards the tour. The cost of £3,377 is confirmed apart from any changes in airport taxes.

2. Central fundraising:

A reminder that if individuals are to qualify for a share of the Central tour fund they need to contribute to three quarters of the fundraising activities.

I have attached a copy of the ‘record of involvement’ in activities so far. Please let me know if you feel I have made a mistake.
The next two events are;
a) Christmas staff buffet
b) Dinner with guest speaker.
The details of these events are as follows:

Christmas buffet:

We provide a buffet for staff on the last day of term (Friday December 19th). Staff attending pay £6. Our target profit is £250.
I have attached a reply slip with details of requirements.
Thanks to those who have returned reply slips. We have lots of offers of Quiche and cheesecakes, but we’re short in the other areas. If you can provide savouries or rice, pasta or green salads, please get in touch by return email.
Food items should be sent to the staff room before 10am on Friday morning. Please make sure they are labelled with your names so that I can credit your support on the ‘record of involvement’.

Dinner with guest speaker:

I have booked the conservative Club in Gowerton on Saturday 21st February.
Former Wales captain and TV pundit Gwyn Jones has provisionally agreed to speak as long as his broadcasting commitments allow. Dai Vaughan will act as MC. Gower Timber are again generously going to sponsor the event.
Tickets are priced at £25, but the cost of the meal is £10. The balance of £15 for each ticket sold is credited to individual accounts.
The Central tour fund will receive funds raised by an auction/raffle.
If you are unable to attend you can receive credit on the ‘record of involvement’ by providing an item for the auction.
The audience is limited to 120 and tickets will be sold on a first come/first served basis.

3. 100 Club:

We have had an influx of memberships and will be able to continue with this. The first draw will take place in school during this week in C5 on Thursday lunchtime. Students going on tour are all invited to attend to observe the draw.
It’s still possible to buy memberships at £10 each. Contact Miss Rushworth.

4. Parents’ meeting:

I have booked the school’s Main Hall for our next parents’ meeting on Thursday 5th February.

Singapore & Australia 2016 Itinerary

Post comment

© Gowerton School: Powered by just 2 easy & Hwb